ICON WOMEN’S SCHOLARSHIP
THE FUTURE IS FEMININE
The ICON Collective Women’s Scholarship was established to support women pursuing entrepreneurial careers in music production.
We are very proud to announce the recipient of the 2018 ICON Collective Women’s Scholarship is Gisela Lindhorst from Chile! Watch her tear-jerking reaction video and inspiring scholarship video submission here!
We would like to sincerely thank all the candidates who shared their music and vision with us for this scholarship opportunity.
One chosen recipient will receive a scholarship to ICON’s flagship Los Angeles Music Production program. Learn more about the program here.
The recipient will also receive a $1,000 Gear Grant sponsored by the Nap Girls to use toward required gear, supplemental gear or relocation costs.
- Applicants must have a high school diploma or equivalent. (GED, higher degree, etc.)
- Applicants must demonstrate English language proficiency.
- Applicants must be at least 17 years of age.
- Applicants must be able to enroll in Icon Collective’s L.A program within one year of scholarship acceptance.
Relocation and housing fees are not covered.
- Submit a video (Up to 3 minutes in length) about yourself and your music. Be sure to include information on your musical experience thus far, your vision for your future, and how the Women’s Scholarship would help you manifest that vision.
- Submit two original compositions. Each track should be at least 3 minutes long. Please submit accessible Soundcloud links. Remixes or mashups do not qualify for submission.
- Fulfilling all submission requirements
- Enrollment eligibility
- Musicality and originality of submitted track
- Potency and focus of submitted video
TERMS & CONDITIONS
The Women’s Scholarship is valid for one academic school year. Scholarship Recipient may defer selected start date only once within that academic year. (Winter 2019 - Winter 2020)
The scholarship recipient must agree to and sign Icon Collective’s Enrollment Agreement, and all other required registration and enrollment paperwork.
The awarded sum is one quarter short of a full scholarshipcovering $19,000 of Icon’s $25,200 tuition. This was intentional. We believe shouldering some of the tuition cost is part of the personal responsibility needed to succeed in the program, and as a thriving, entrepreneurial artist thereafter.
The scholarship recipient is responsible for the remaining tuition balance ($6,200). Tuition payment can be made in full on day of registration or made as quarterly or monthly payments with the first payment due at registration.
If the Scholarship Recipient fails to enroll within one academic year, or fails to remain in good academic standing, misses tuition payment deadlines, or violates Codes of Conduct throughout the program, scholarship will be forfeited.
In the event of withdrawal or dismissal, the student forfeits all future scholarship award monies. Scholarship proceeds have no cash value and are valid only toward the tuition of the Icon Collective Los Angeles program.
Recipients of Icon Collective’s Women’s Scholarship are ambassadors of the school. Upon completion of the program, scholarship recipients may be called upon to participate in future scholarship selection panels and campaigns.
Icon Collective reserves the non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free license right to use music submitted for the Producer’s Scholarship for academic and promotional purposes. All ownership remains with the copyright holder.