ICON Now Accepts International Students on an F-1 Student Visa

ICON Collective is proud to announce that the school is now authorized to accept the F-1 student visa for international students. Learn more about the application process.

Student Visa

Greetings International Students

ICON Collective proudly welcomes students from all over the world into the Los Angeles program. Our unique and diverse learning environment embraces a thriving collective community. As an international student at ICON Collective, you will not only receive an excellent education in music production, but you will also enjoy the opportunity to build professional and personal relationships that last a lifetime.

Furthermore, our Los Angeles Music Production Program brings you to California’s international epicenter for entertainment, education, technology, and opportunity. California also remains one of the most vibrant and beautiful American states. Moreover, it boasts a large, diverse population along with a flourishing culture, gorgeous weather, and so much more.

Student Visa Application Process

International students must first be accepted at ICON Collective before obtaining the F-1 Visa. You will also need an I–20 form from ICON Collective before applying for an F-1 Student Visa. Contact admissions for full details about the U.S. student visa application process.

Contact Admissions

Frequently Asked Questions

The first step is to apply for admission.

You must first submit all the documents required by the school for admission. Second, get a Form I-20 from the school (via mail in your home country). Third, apply and receive your visa from the U.S. Embassy in your country. Finally, you must be present for your registration and the date of your orientation. Also, check with our Admissions Department if you need to conduct these meetings online.

Yes. You must provide a copy of your marriage certificate and a copy of your spouse and/or child’s passport. You must also provide proof of living expenses for your spouse and/or child. After approval, dependents will receive an F-2 visa.

No. However, if you are not from one of the countries listed below, then you will need a passing score on Icon’s English Proficiency Exam. This requirement is also met if you attended a high school in the USA, have a diploma from a secondary school in a system in which English is the official language of instruction, or completed one or more years of postsecondary education at an English-speaking institution. You must also furnish an official transcript in English.

Exempt Countries: Australia, Bahamas, Barbados, Belgium, Belize, Botswana, Canada, Denmark, Fiji, Finland, Ghana, Guyana, Ireland, Jamaica, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Nigeria, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Papua, New Guinea, Singapore, Solomon Islands, South Africa, St. Lucia, Sweden, Tonga, Trinidad, Tobago, United Kingdom, Zambia, and Zimbabwe.

Icon will mail a Form I-20. Complete the form and pay the $200 SEVIS I-901 fee online. After making the payment online, print the receipt and take it along with your I-20 and passport to your meeting with the U.S. Embassy or Consulate. Follow the instructions given by the Embassy or Consulate to obtain your visa. Also, there may be visa application fees. Please check with your local U.S. Consulate for amounts as they vary depending on the country.

The time it takes for the U.S. Embassy or Consulate to create your visa will vary depending on the country and on how busy they are at the time. We suggest calling the Embassy or Consulate in your country to see how long it will take to process your visa.

No. United States immigration regulations state that Tourist visa holders may not take a full-time course of study.

No. All international students must maintain full-time status. If you are in your last session and need a few credits to graduate, you can request part-time enrollment. There are also a few exceptions, such as medical reasons or language problems. Check with Icon’s Registrar for details. The Registrar’s Office will also need to approve All requests for part-time study.

Icon does not provide housing for international students. Our housing assistance can help connect you with students and graduates looking for roommates or housing.

To be eligible for OPT, you must complete and graduate from the enrolled programs. You must also attend Icon Collective for a minimum of one academic year (nine months/three quarters) continuously. Apply for an OPT with the Registrar’s Office at the beginning of your final quarter at Icon. They will assist you with the process.

About Icon Collective

ICON Collective is a Los Angeles and Online music production school that teaches you core technical skills while unlocking your unique creative process. Mentorships with industry professionals let you access real-world insights and help you personalize your music education. Check out our Music Production Programs.


We may text you with information about our programs at the number listed above. You may opt out of receiving texts by clicking the box.


Hurry, deadline soon

Summer 2023

Jun 12

Fall 2023

Sep 11