2018 brought some outstanding talent to ICON. The Collective is proud of all the graduates making moves and following their passion for music. Check out some of the memorable moments at this years graduation ceremony and Takeover party.
ICON Graduation Ceremony
This years commencement ceremony at the Fonda Theatre in Hollywood welcomed over 200 graduates and their families. The ceremony featured an opening speech by ICON Industry Advisor Nik Cherwink, a keynote speech by Steve Duda, and a host of awards.
- Most Improved Student award presented by ICON Instructor Jon Pegnato. Winner: Justin Nizer
- Student of the Year award presented by ICON instructor Vito Finamore. Winner: Pauline Herr
- ICON Online Student of the Year award presented by Instructor Malachi Mott. Winner: Maxim Poirier
- ICON Ambassador award presented by 2013 ICON Ambassador Aaron Perez. Winner: Marcus Francis
- Graduation certificates presented to graduates by ICON Campus Director Steve Miller and Director of Education Chevy Bhorntus
Ceremony and Takeover Highlights
2018 ICON Collective Graduation Ceremony and ICON Takeover at the Union Nightclub in Los Angeles. Photos by Chris Escamilla and Jeff Banks.
After the commencement, we headed to the Union Nightclub in Los Angeles for the 2018 Graduation After Party. Each quarter ICON Collective throws a ‘Takeover‘ party to welcome the incoming students. It also gives Alumni and industry friends a chance to connect outside the studio.
Takeover events also feature an exciting lineup of ICON graduates throwing down a dynamic range of DJ sets. This round featured performances from The Hazel Effect, Fish Scale, Kendoll, Sumthin Sumthin, and Jkyl & Hyde.